Eastpoint Now

Eastpoint Now

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Well, it really happened. I went to Hyvee on Seniors Discount Day. I was hoping to say at the end of my purchases, this will be a Seniors discount. Before, I could utter those words, the middle aged clerk said, I gave you your Senior discount. It actually happened, she could tell I was a Senior. After the sudden sadness of reality, being over 60 is a good thing. Not everyone gets a 5 % discount on their groceries!
Then I thought there has to be a spiritual lesson to this. I wish someone could look at me and say, " I know she loves God" without asking me. Those that love God, love Jesus, who can rule and reign in their life. And not everyone has experienced him like I have.
So, I really have something, my 5% discount and Jesus in my heart. Eventually, those still living will be a Senior. Not everyone will accept Christ. My prayer is that God will allow me to show his love and the Jesus I have in my heart can become theirs too!

Pastor is speaking from Romans 12:1-3 this Sunday.
Verse 2 "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think."

Lord, change me to like you.