Eastpoint Now

Eastpoint Now

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You know you are in trouble when you walk into a Subway with a help wanted sign on the door. Then when you see 8 people in front of you, then you know this is serious. Then when you hear the multiple orders of "12" subs, toasted with four different melted cheese, you know you will never get back to work , at least today.

Suddenly, I am trying to recall every sermon Pastor Claude has spoken about patience. All those Bible scriptures and positive sayings that I have memorized seem to fade away as rage begins to infiltrate my body.

As flames are coming out of my nostrils, I look up and guess who is coming through the door, my Pastor, with that happy, friendly smile on his face. He greets me like he always does, with a smile and " I am so glad to see you". The he proceeds to tell me that this worked out, because I was on his mind and since the line was so long, we could visit.

Well, I hadn't look at it like that , but whatever. I must say it was good to have a cheerful talk with him, between orders. I left feeling better than when I came, maybe just like when I go to church.

As I left, Pastor said, I guess, " All things do work together for good, don't they. I had to agree.